Paget's Summer Vacation Research Scholarships
The Paget’s Association of the United Kingdom is pleased to offer Summer Vacation Research Scholarships, up to a maximum of £2500 (in total), to allow promising UK undergraduate science and medical students, including nursing and allied health professional students, to experience any aspect of research into Paget’s Disease of Bone. The Scholarship provides a stipend of £250 per week to the student, for six to eight weeks (for personal support) over the summer period. In addition, £500 will be paid to the host organisation towards research expenses.
Recipients are expected to be in the middle year(s) of a degree, when they have not yet undertaken a substantial period of research. Successful applicants will be expected to write a report on completion of the scholarship, for publication in the Association’s Newsletter.
- A summary of the research project, jointly prepared by mentor and student, including the student’s role in the research project (500 words maximum).
- A mentor statement, which includes the mentor’s role in the research project, including his/her plans for research training.
- The above summary and statement should be included in the application form, which you will find below.
- The student’s CV, including full details of current course and year, must be sent with the application form.
- Please print, sign, scan and email your application to [email protected]
APPLICATION FORM: Summer Vacation Scholarship Application Form
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29th March 2019
Decisions on the successful applications are expected to be reached by the end of May 2019, at the latest.
The Paget's Association also offers Student Research Bursaries - follow this link for details.